I am PROUD to introduce this weeks guest poster! My friend Beth (Yes she has been mentioned several times on this blog), please enjoy her post!
10 Reasons Why I'll Never Be A Famous Blogger
We all know there are famous bloggers in blogland. These talented ladies have four bazillion followers, get review/giveaway contracts with corporations all over the nation, speak at conferences, and are hailed as leaders in their, er, field.
That's never going to be me. And here's why:
1) I'm not fashionable. I wear jeans every chance I get, and don't know Versace from Donna Karan from Mossimo.
2) I suck at photography. I never brand my images, I don't take a lot of them, and usually the light balance is off.
3) I'm not a mom. I'll make up a statistic and say that 89% of bloggers out there are moms. It's a thing.
4) I'm not crafty. I mean, I can use a glue gun and I like being creative, but I can't make an animatronic sculpture out of toilet roll tubes and glitter.
5) I don't have 15 spare hours a day. I'm currently unemployed, and yet I *still* don't have the time these folks seem to, to network and stalk social media, and make deals with marketing companies, and make daily posts. I've tried....I just can't do it. Maybe they don't sleep?
6) I'm not on Wordpress. 'Nuff said.
7) I don't speak vintage chic. I often use my figure and size as the excuse not to wear vintage clothing (I usually look like a sausage in 50's dresses), but the truth is I am as fashion-illiterate with previous decades as I am with the current one.
8) I'm not beauty-savvy. I discovered nail polish about 3 weeks ago. You say MAC, and I wait for the "and Jack's".
9) I have more random posts than giveaways. I do try to host giveaways often, usually for books, but it feels to me like bribery to prostitute my blog in order to get followers.
10) I'm not witty. I wish I were, but most of the time I write the way I speak- sort of bumbling, a little funny, not very polished.
And there you have it, folks! I'm happy with my blog, as unfocused and obscure as it is. It's a pretty apt reflection of my tastes, humor, style, and interests....and I wouldn't have it any other way!